I’ve had long hair my WHOLE life. Literally my whole life:
Ok, so I did shave the side of my hair in 2012 when my rabbit died (it’s true you should never visit the hairdresser if you are grieving or going through a break up), but in a way it didn’t really feel that extreme because I could cover the shaved side, by flipping over some of my hair from the other side.
This all changed last year when I decided to chop it all off. My birthday was approaching, and I really needed a change. No one died, I wasn’t going through a breakup, I just needed really needed a refresh. They say a good haircut is the same as a holiday, so I thought I’d test out the famous saying…
None of my friends believed I would have the guts to go through with it, so I secretly booked an appointment and simply posted this to Facebook with the caption ‘Sorry Mom’ (my mom cried in 2012 when I shaved my side)
It’s been 6 months now with my new bob and I couldn’t be happier, I’m actually thinking about going shorter at the hairdresser this weekend – so I thought I’d share with you, 5 things I love about having short hair…
- I have at least 15 more minutes in the morning to get ready for work. I actually only take 15 minutes to get ready for work! (Shhhhh)
- I was very worried that I wouldn’t be able to braid my hair after the cut. Turns out there are so many cool things you can do with a bob. Here are two of my favourite looks with short hair, the twisted rope braid and the around the world braid, click for the tutorials I did for Grazia online.
- Getting your hair cut really is as good as a holiday.
- I feel sexier with short hair. This one I didn’t expect, so it’s a real added bonus.
- I spend less on shampoo and conditioner.
I’ll keep you updated on what happens this weekend at the hairdresser. Thanks, Jenna at JK Ginger for doing such a good job with my bob and Roxanne Lindenberg for the pics.