Joining ICE Genetics last year was a highlight for me, this week I chat with their Operations Director, Donné. She shares with Sneak Peek what it takes to be a successful model these days (no, aesthetic beauty is not enough!) and how she finds the time to go to the gym, be an amazing mom and head up one of the most respected agencies in South Africa. This #girlboss is giving Beyoncé a run for her money…
So I’ve spent about 3 hours deciding what I want for Christmas. It all started at the office today, as Marie Claire launches their #MCWishlist – a curated selection of gifts that you can choose from and send to specific people as a wink-wink-nudge-nudge for this year’s presents.
All the items are categorized into different sections and then filtered by price. Cool huh? Here are my favourite picks for under R280…
- Russian Red Matte Lipstick, M.A.C, R240. Every make-up artist I have ever spoken to, says this is their go-to colour for a bold red lip. My other favourite colours from M.A.C. are Lady Danger, Heroine and Rebel.
- Salon voucher, Sorbet, R250. My favourite thing to do (after wine with a friend) is a mani and a pedi (preferably while drinking wine with a friend)
- Moleskin 2018 Weekly Diary, Superbalist, R279. A brand-new diary is my catnip – I got my 2017 diary as a Secret Santa gift and have used it every day this year, thank you Marishka!
- Knot Front Slider, Mr P, R50. I’m lusting over a pair of silver Birkenstocks ATM, so these will definitely fill the void.
- Photo voucher, Nifty250, R250. I’d love to print a whole bunch of new pics for my fridge in the new year.
Here’s to celebrating fierce women around the world… may we know them, may we be them and may we raise them. In pure #girlpower spirit, I’ve narrowed down some of my all-time favourite quotes that every gal in their twenties and thirties should live by:
“Never follow someone else’s path; unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path, then by all means, you should follow that” Ellen DeGeneres
“Happiness is the best make-up” Drew Barrymore
“Try to live every day like Elle Woods after Warner told her she wasn’t smart enough for law school” Chrissy Teigen
Picture credit: Instagram @chrissyteigen
“I can name a lot of things that taste better than skinny feels. Potatoes. Bread” Jennifer Lawrence
Last but definitely not least “Every girl no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her” Michelle Obama